I have been adding people on reddit (only a handful so far). The site went down this morning, roughly ten-fifteen minutes ago. I will keep checking on it, please continue to proceed to request to be a contributor. Also, first initial and last name as your username!!!
There are still roughly a dozen students who have yet to send me there reddit.com information. I have posted in a number of places (announcements, syllabus, reddit.com link on blackboard) for how to do this. I would expect everyone would be registered (as well as posting links and commenting) by the end of this week. If that is not the case, you will be losing a portion of your grade. Have some patience, give it a try, it is a lot easier than you think
Yes, that would be great. The police are instrumental to understanding gangs. What the police and prosecutors do often shapes future changes that gangs make (e.g., think about gang injunctions, and even gang units).
Steven, and for others having this problem as well. It must be that you have yet to send me your reddit.com username. Once you do that, then I will add you as a contributor. For the class's site, I did not allow any random reddit user to join because they might submit links unrelated to the class. So, send me your username on reddit (follow the direction on blackboard) and you will then be able to get started.
I had set up an account on Reddit, however whenever I try to sign in it tells me that my password is invalid. I then tried to get my password sent to me so that I could either know it or reset it, and the link it gave me sent me to a deleted webpage. If you have any ideas as to what I should do, please help me as I don't want to lose anymore points over this. Thank you very much.
Just set up a new account. Send me your info on reddit.com. Then I'll add you. Also, if you already had an account, send me your old username so I can credit you for older posts/links
I understand that reddit postings are due once every three weeks. However, I would like to know, what are the specific times and dates for the postings/comments to be added by?
i tryed to access the redit from myasu this site http://www.reddit.com/r/gangsnstuff/ and got a navigational error message. can someone give me the right website... thanks...
From the email that I received from your post, I clicked on the web address/link you included and it took me directly to the class's reddit.com site. Is there a problem with the web browser you are using (I use firefox and/or google chrome). Is there anyone else who can address this?
A couple of students are having problems posting to the reddit page. Could some of the students who have successfully posted please walk them through it?
This question was asked earlier but I think it was not answered. Is it possible to give us the specific dates of when or posts are due? It'll definitely help with my planning!
You must post 1 website link every three weeks (five semester postings total), and you must comment on at least 3 of your classmates’ postings every three weeks (fifteen semester comments total). These are due by Sunday 11:59 on: Sept 13, Oct 4, Oct 25, Nov 15, and Dec 6.
The reddit posts are due in three-week intervals. They will not be graded in those intervals. Credit for all of the posts will be calculated at the end of the semester as one score.
I have been adding people on reddit (only a handful so far). The site went down this morning, roughly ten-fifteen minutes ago. I will keep checking on it, please continue to proceed to request to be a contributor. Also, first initial and last name as your username!!!
ReplyDeleteThere are still roughly a dozen students who have yet to send me there reddit.com information. I have posted in a number of places (announcements, syllabus, reddit.com link on blackboard) for how to do this.
ReplyDeleteI would expect everyone would be registered (as well as posting links and commenting) by the end of this week. If that is not the case, you will be losing a portion of your grade.
Have some patience, give it a try, it is a lot easier than you think
Can we post things on what police are doing to combate gangs or things about gang enforcement divisons of police departments.
ReplyDeleteNicholas Daniels
Yes, that would be great. The police are instrumental to understanding gangs. What the police and prosecutors do often shapes future changes that gangs make (e.g., think about gang injunctions, and even gang units).
ReplyDeleteI am having a problem posting links. When I click submit link it tells me "forbidden".
ReplyDeleteSteven, and for others having this problem as well. It must be that you have yet to send me your reddit.com username. Once you do that, then I will add you as a contributor. For the class's site, I did not allow any random reddit user to join because they might submit links unrelated to the class. So, send me your username on reddit (follow the direction on blackboard) and you will then be able to get started.
ReplyDeleteI had set up an account on Reddit, however whenever I try to sign in it tells me that my password is invalid. I then tried to get my password sent to me so that I could either know it or reset it, and the link it gave me sent me to a deleted webpage. If you have any ideas as to what I should do, please help me as I don't want to lose anymore points over this. Thank you very much.
ReplyDeleteJust set up a new account. Send me your info on reddit.com. Then I'll add you. Also, if you already had an account, send me your old username so I can credit you for older posts/links
ReplyDeleteI understand that reddit postings are due once every three weeks. However, I would like to know, what are the specific times and dates for the postings/comments to be added by?
ReplyDeletei tryed to access the redit from myasu this site http://www.reddit.com/r/gangsnstuff/ and got a navigational error message. can someone give me the right website... thanks...
ReplyDeleteFrom the email that I received from your post, I clicked on the web address/link you included and it took me directly to the class's reddit.com site. Is there a problem with the web browser you are using (I use firefox and/or google chrome). Is there anyone else who can address this?
ReplyDeleteA couple of students are having problems posting to the reddit page. Could some of the students who have successfully posted please walk them through it?
ReplyDeleteThis question was asked earlier but I think it was not answered. Is it possible to give us the specific dates of when or posts are due? It'll definitely help with my planning!
ReplyDeleteYou must post 1 website link every three weeks (five semester postings total), and you must comment on at least 3 of your classmates’ postings every three weeks (fifteen semester comments total). These are due by Sunday 11:59 on: Sept 13, Oct 4, Oct 25, Nov 15, and Dec 6.
ReplyDeleteHow does the grading work for the reddit website ? do we get graded at the end of each three week period or all at once at the end of the semester?
ReplyDeleteErik,
ReplyDeleteThe reddit posts are due in three-week intervals. They will not be graded in those intervals. Credit for all of the posts will be calculated at the end of the semester as one score.